Re[2]: BRG

To: rodbean@ix.netcom.com, Mike Causer <mikec@cam-ani.co.uk>
Subject: Re[2]: BRG
From: rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 97 10:04:10 PST8
     You know, that very dark green would give battleships (if they still
     existed) a great, menacing look!  ;-)

     Rod

Subject: Re: BRG
Author:  Mike Causer <mikec@cam-ani.co.uk> at CCGATE
Date:    12/22/97 11:04 AM

Rod Bean wrote on Sat, 20 Dec 97 -

> It certainly wouldn't be my choice and I personally consider BRG to be a
> deep forest green like racing XK120s and C-Types used.  But various
> knowledgeable people have said it wasn't only one shade... depended on
> mood, apparently.

Apparently the very first car to wear the green -- the 1904 (?) Napier
was a dark shade.  The FIA rules on national colours simply say "green"
for Britain, and there really is no standard colour.

However, for MG and sometimes for Lotus, "BRG" is a mid-green, but Lotus
have been known also to use a much darker colour on the road cars.  Pick
any shade you like.

Mike

  Mike Causer -- Support Manager -- Cambridge Animation Systems
  Email: MikeC@cam-ani.co.uk             Phone: +44 1223 578100
  Web: http://www.cam-ani.co.uk/           Fax: +44 1223 578101