Re: 150 HP Cams

To: elan66@ccia.com
Subject: Re: 150 HP Cams
From: PHILLIPBABCOCK <PHILLIPBABCOCK@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 21:04:53 -0400
Michael and Betty Braun wrote:

> Thanks for the info, Phil. Dynojet gave me a list of some regional dyno
> shops.
> Since I have zero experience in this area,perhaps you could give me a
> brief primer on this.
> Assuming that the local shop is not Lotus friendly, would I need to
> supply a jet selection? (Dell'orto). Would I expect to be hands on or
> "Stay behind that glass partition, please!"  I have built my last two
> TC's, and I repair cars for a living, so I am  somewhat familiar with
> engine tuning.
> Any and all clues will help, I appreciate you bearing with me on this,
>
>                                 Thanks,   Mike Braun

Mike
I think You would need to bring a selection of your own jets, at my shop
I have a selection of Weber & Holly jets, but thats all.. You won't
believe all the useful info you will obtain.

At our shop we encourge a hands on, we let the owner operate the car on
the Dyno. But not all are like that.. I would sugest that you call them
and explain what you do for a living and ask if you can turn the dist
and do the jetting. Find out if they have an Air / Fuel meter so they
can tell you if you are rich or lean. You can tune without one but it is
much quicker.

Let me know..... how it goes or what they say. What do they charge. What
part of the country do you live?

If they don't have an Air / Fuel meter, I just happen to make a very
good one designed to insert into the tail pipe, with a Digital Readout.
Sells for $1100.00. Maybe I could sell them one.

Good luck and write with any questions

Phil Babcock
72 Lotus Elan Sprint