Elan +2 as (semi)daily driver?

To: lotuscars@lists.best.com, chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Elan +2 as (semi)daily driver?
From: Tor Hval <torhv@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 20:12:23 +0100 (MET)
Hi!
I just came across an (apparently) nice Lotus Elan +2 for sale, who has
been recently restored. As I am in the market for a fun car to have to get
me to the shops, and for the occasional blast around the roads, I
naturally became interested. But is it feasible to use the Elan as a
(semi) daily driver when I have to park it outside, and with less than
good access to a workshop? I expect I would be doing 5000-10000 miles a
year ( Probably closer to 5000)
Or am I just having an insane fantasy about having an (old) Lotus as my
only car? ;)

Tor