Re: Elan +2 as (semi)daily driver?

To: "Tor Hval" <torhv@ifi.uio.no>, <lotuscars@lists.best.com>,
Subject: Re: Elan +2 as (semi)daily driver?
From: "dobbo" <dobbo@globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 15:05:03 -0000
Hello
I have used an Elan Sprint FHC as a daily driver now for almost 15 years,it
is used most in the winter when the weather is to bad to use my seven.
 I probably average about 10,000 miles  a year. If you are interested i have
listed all the parts used since 1984
on http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dobbo/  also some competition photo's
but  nothing too serious !
The list is on Lotus Elan Sprint page then Restoration Photos, I cannot load
the 3 gifs on the Elan Sprint page, any webb experts out there with advice
???
I dont really have any problems using the Sprint daily but it does leak
water in heavy rain and i dont tkink Lotus managed to cure it on the +2.
Mechanicals are ok  and pretty reliable it depends on how you view the car,
if you expect the  reliability of a modern car you will be dissapointed but
i suspect you already know  Lotus cars and will know what to expect.
I have only twice in 15 years returned home on a tow rope both times due to
my own stuppidity !!
Go for it...the more these cars are used the better they become ..