Re: Team Lotus wins!

To: rodbean@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Team Lotus wins!
From: Mike Causer <mikec@dial.drakken.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 21:40:36 +0100
rodbean@earthlink.net wrote:

> > The cars were all Lotus Sixes, and we were almost alone in not having a
> > single mechanical failure ;-)

> Hey great Mike.  Congratulations!  It's about time you had some good fun in a
> proper Lotus.

Didn't get even to sit in one myself, all I did was hang the signal board out.

> What does this >      ;-)       imply after "....alone in not having a single
> mechanical failure" ?  Did you have electrical troubles?   Never with Lucas,
> right?

Nope, no troubles.   No accidents, not even a spin.  That helped a lot with
our finishing position because many teams lost cars.

BTW, there was a team entirely Elans (type 26, 36, 45),  another of Lotus
Sevens, including a couple of S4s, several teams of Caterhams, and a single
Esprit V8, but I don't know what team he was in.   There was one team of
Bugattis, which made the most fantastic noise, and the quickest would keep
with a 911 Turbo in a straight line!

Cheers,

Mike