Re: Team Lotus wins!

To: Mike Causer <mikec@dial.drakken.com>,
Subject: Re: Team Lotus wins!
From: rodbean@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 05:54:37 -0700
Mike Causer wrote:

> rodbean@earthlink.net wrote:
>
> > > The cars were all Lotus Sixes, and we were almost alone in not having a
> > > single mechanical failure ;-)
>
> > Hey great Mike.  Congratulations!  It's about time you had some good fun in
> > proper Lotus.
>
> Didn't get even to sit in one myself, all I did was hang the signal board out.

Oh sorry to hear that you didn't get to drive.  Well, the team's the thing in an
enduro.  That's really quite amazing that a Six (Ford flathead four?) went that
distance.  Somebody must have done his homework in building the engine.

> > What does this >      ;-)       imply after "....alone in not having a
>single
> > mechanical failure" ?  Did you have electrical troubles?   Never with Lucas,
> > right?
>
> Nope, no troubles.   No accidents, not even a spin.  That helped a lot with
> our finishing position because many teams lost cars.

I hope you don't mean that they lost cars forever... as in crash into a ball.

> BTW, there was a team entirely Elans (type 26, 36, 45),  another of Lotus
> Sevens, including a couple of S4s, several teams of Caterhams, and a single
> Esprit V8, but I don't know what team he was in.   There was one team of
> Bugattis, which made the most fantastic noise, and the quickest would keep
> with a 911 Turbo in a straight line!

How did the Elans do?  You know, that is a great idea, having teams of like
vintage cars.  What a pleasure it would be to drive an Elan as part of a team of
Elans against teams made up of different cars.  Did the cars have to be stock?
If
not, how modified could they be?

Cheers,

Rod