CA Bill to Destroy Pre-1970 Cars Awaits Floor Action in

To: morris@autox.team.net
Subject: CA Bill to Destroy Pre-1970 Cars Awaits Floor Action in
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 07:56:44 -0700 (PDT)
Listers:

This was sent to me by two San Francisco area car enthusiasts who have been
keeping up with the laws that might screw up pur hobby - As most of you
know, this crafty legislation sounds good to car hating environmentalists,
takes the REAL polition sources at least partially off the hook for their
responsabilities, and does little for the actual air quality. When we
fought this wholeheartedly a few years ago with SB42, little did we know
that new legal hurdles would be introduced each year from now on!!!  If you
don't live in California, this type of legislation will be coming to a
government near you soon. WATCH OUT!!!

C'mon! Junk your car or get it into a museum pronto and buy a new Honda -
Its the new movin,' groovin' thing to do!  Or even better, buy a PT Cruiser
and pretend that you are driving an old car!!

Below is a copy of the SEMA alert and at the bottom of the page is a sample
letter to send
to your state legislators. While it seems silly to have to do this EVERY
YEAR, our system of government works in mysterious ways and needs to be
directed by somebody - it might as well be us.

Cheers,

Rick Feibusch
Automotive Journalist/Appraiser
Venice, CA