Re: Seattle Guys

To: Datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seattle Guys
From: laurahoey@myself.com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 20:56:44 -0500 (EST)
My office on ground level at 5th and Union, right next to a major hotel was
miraculously preserved. Windows were smashed at other businesses on all sides,
4 police cars right outside our windows were majorly vandalized and everything
else was a mess. I'm not sure how we made it through? Fortunately our company
determined not to have employees there for the entire week, only corporate
security people were on site. What a shame.

 ---- you wrote:
> Mark,
>
> As usual, the media has blown this into some major problem, not only for
> Seattle, but for world trade. OH MY GOD!!
>  Our politicians up here dropped the ball on this one and now have to deal
> with their own lack of leadership.  Most of the trouble is contained to a
> small (several block ) area in down town. The most telling thing I heard on
> the news last night was a TV news-caster asking one of the people involved
> in breaking, and burning, and other mayhem, "what is it that the WTO is
> doing that has you so upset?" His answer was, " frankly, I don't give a rats
> a** what they do, I'm just here for the fun." Sick world. Sure glad I have a
> roadster. They're good for the soul.
> (Note, cleverly inserted roadster content.)
>
> Thanks for the kind thought,
> Dave.       SRL311-10444
> Near Seattle. RAIN, ROADSTERS, and RIOTS.     YEE-HAA!!!

Laura Hoey
70 SRL311-14316
Issaquah, WA