Re: seattle

To: "Mark Coffin" <coffinm@mail.ecu.edu>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: seattle
From: Ray Cole <raycole@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 19:43:45 -0800
While this IS a roadster list I find the comments from those who are a part
of this roadster community of ours far more credible and believable than
anything from the mass media, they are from real people who we have
someting in common with.  As long as it doesn't become a main topic I do
appreciate the comments.  This is how the internet changes things.

Ray

68 1600
68 2000

At 09:43 PM 12/02/1999 -0500, Mark Coffin wrote:
>OK, we get it.  Please return to ROADSTER ONLY POSTS.
>I appreciate your position and the point you're trying
>to make, but this is a car discussion list.
>
>If I want political discussion, I'll sign up for it.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Mark Coffin
>68 2000 SRL311-04425
>
>----------
>>From: "James W. Anable, Jr." <anable@halcyon.com>
>>To: Waylon Harthun <jackfrost@uswest.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
>>Subject: Re: seattle
>>Date: Thu, Dec 2, 1999, 8:45 PM
>>

>> Waylon Harthun wrote:
>>
>>> Ok one last comment, I know this whole thing is blown way outta proportion
>>> and things are rediculous, like it is now 2:00 am and there are still
>>> people on the street.
>>> I don't mean any offense but being a native and working in the curfew
zone,
>>> I just request one thing, PLEASE JUST GO HOME!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> Well, I went home around 10 p.m., right after I was bum-rushed by goons in
>> Darth Vadar outfits (a.k.a. Seattle Police Department).  I was out taking
>> pictures of the situation.
>>
>> I can tell you this:  The only reason people were outside is because their
>> neighborhood was INVADED by National Guard and police.  If they would have
>> left, everybody else would have.
>>
>> Again, I was there.  There was NO violence or vandalism.  The police
were the
>> problem.
>>
>> When I got home, I watched the rest of the story on TV.  It concluded
around 2
>> a.m. with a massive onslaught of CS and OC gas, rubber bullets, flash
>> grenades...
>>
>> A few minutes after that, the news reporter interview Brian Derdowski, a
King