Re: Tachless

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, bluebirds@bluebirds.datsun510.com,
Subject: Re: Tachless
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 99 11:20:50 CST
Daniel,

It does help the rest of us if we have an idea of WHICH car you
are talking about.

I suspect from this applies to your 510 wagon, with an electronic
tachometer, not a roadster with a mechanical distributor.

Even more, I suspect this only happens in 3rd gear, on a Manual
Transmission Wagon.

If you were to connect the "-" coil wire directly to the single
spade connector on the distributor... you'll notice the problem suddenly
went away.

Why do people call distributors dizzys?  Every time I see "dizzy" I usually
find myself getting dizzy, and hitting the delete key.

As to WHY it happens... I can explain that at Shasta 2000. But only if
you tell me it is a distributor problem. For a dizzy problem, I suggest
drinking lots of water, getting out of the sun, and resting with your
feet elevated. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom Walter