RE: velocity stacks/strangled solexes

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: velocity stacks/strangled solexes
From: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 20:00:51 -0500
Don't get too worried about it.  It is pretty much a waste of money other than
for aesthetics if you are talking about street use.  The factory set up is fine.
Power gain will be minimal no matter how pretty they are.
With well fitted stacks and no air filter or a cool box there will be 5 or 6
more
horsepower at 7000 rpms, but that is pretty much meaningless for street use!

Jim