5speed and frame for sale

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 5speed and frame for sale
From: "David Lee" <davelee1@home.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 13:28:26 -0800
Well
Ive done some thinking
If you dont remember Im the guy that won the parts car from Ebay
I was planning on taking some parts that i needed and getting rid of the
rest.
To my surprise the 1600 has a 5 speed and what appears to be a u20 block. No
head or carbs
at this point I can either use the frame and existing parts to build up a 2
liter and make my current 1600 a donor for exterior panels or I can sell
this parts car to whoever wants to tow it away!

Ill be perfectly honest I won the car off of ebay for $200.  After renting
the dolly, getting some hitch supplies, and feeding my helpers for the tow
it wasnt too much more.  I dont want to make any money off this.  Just that
after some thinking I figured it would be a lot cheaper for me to just build
up my 1600 and try and keep it as stock as possible.

I was considering using the 5 speed with my R16 but I dont have enough room
to store two cars.  Thats why ones in San Jose and the other Davis.  I know
it wouldnt take too long but I live in southern CA and wont permanently be
back  in San Jose for several months.  In my opinion the frame and tranny
are probably the only good parts of the car.

Anyhow if anyones interested in aquiring this tub of crap please let me
know.  Ive gone through it and have taken a few parts but like I said its
really just the frame and tranny that I am advertising.  Its just that you
have to take the rest as well!!! The panels are all there just look like
crap and have rust and filler spots all over.  The rear is coming apart at
the seams.  This is definately not a parts car for exterior!  I have taken
the radiator and a few trim parts but they werent really that great to begin
with.

I have told a few people from the list that I dont really want to exchange
money for the car.
What Id really like are parts for my 1600.  I will consider anything that
seems like a fair trade

I cant leave it at my sisters place in Davis for very long so please let me
know if you are interested.

Thanks
David Lee

PS