Bodywork, and door cracks

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Bodywork, and door cracks
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 21:15:37 EST
As of late the talk of various primers, and
color schemes for getting a perfect surface
remotivated me toward body work, and I'm
sanding again, I can indeed see some
imperfect level areas as revealed by diff layers
of primer (and fiberglass/bondo, and even
old good paint, in the case of my car).
My question:   Was working on the doors
and thinking how flimsy they are.  Well,
nice and light, no side impact beams, but
flimsy in this case due to some fatigue
cracks on the outer skin up and fwd by the vent
wings.  Cracks about 3 inches long, spreads
open when metal is pulled as it would be in
opening the door....have others seen this?
I think I might actually have to have these
tig or mig welded, as I see no way to
use my favorite body work tool "the magic of fiberglass"
Thanks for any input,
Jim
Chesapeake Va