Re: Velocity! top=135mph?

To: "Hyperaion" <aryasu19@idt.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Velocity! top=135mph?
From: "Mike Kerr" <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:03:26 -0800
<So looks like 135mph is the top land record (anyone is going to admit to)
for the roadster?>

I have had my turbo up over 150 mph would have gone faster just ran out of
road.

my Solex 2000 with a hot cam  (220 duration 530 lift  11 1/2 to 1
compression)  toped out at 145 mph in 4th gear :-)

standard Solex with some mild porting,balancing etc..  will do about 135
mph. i build about 15 this way.. and gas mileage was 30 + high cruising

the old Datsun club of the bay area  pre 1985 we use to take runs up to
lake Tahoe, Rt.. 88  was the road we took to get there and it has some great
straits for high speed test, but those where the days ... Now the Chp
patrols it  more . One last place that may still be available so is RT. 4 we
took this for the trip home to the bay area early on Sunday morning when
there was no traffic. since we all had CBs we could pass on blind turns if
anyone got in our way. we would stop at destination points to let the less
powerful and crazy drivers to catch up. Some of the female halves of the
roadsters  didn't like the bad influence we had on there other halves , As
quite a few of them wanted to join the 100mph club  as it was called..

  one  other rd was Rt. 89 over monitor pass  Nevada/ California border
great for hill climbing runs , it is in the middle of no where and  ,,one
would stay at the top of the pass and  CB if any one or the CHP was coming ,
you could use the whole road to blast up the hill,, has great 40 mph turns
we would take at 80 mph about a 4 to 5 mile climb from 5000ft to 9000ft at
the top of the pass...

This was over 14 years ago (in my younger and crazier days) ,and i think the
statute of limitations has run out  :-)

Mike Kerr
Roadster Restoration
3730 Todrob LN.