Re: HELP!!! Need oil pressure line

To: "Dan Neuman" <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HELP!!! Need oil pressure line
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 00:32:54 -0800
Dan,

I'll be at the BADROC run in the morning. But... give me a chance to dig
through some boxes, and I'll lend you one from my '68 engine. Just don't do
what my neighbor did with his sixties Mustang  that he fired up after
sitting for 20 years. He forgot there was no oil filter on it and ended up
with oil all over the place! I'll call you Sunday at 3.

You don't need three people to install an engine, if you use an engine
hoist!  ;>

Fred

----------
> From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
> To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
> Subject: HELP!!! Need oil pressure line
> Date: Saturday, December 18, 1999 6:01 PM
>
> Hello ALl,
>       Well Stephan Irene and I working toghether managed to install my
> new engine.  I do not know how someone could do it by themselves!!! It
took the
> three of us to tilt wiggle slant that engine in and to get those  #@!%*&!
engine
> mounts to line up..
>       Anyways, I aam almost done reinstalling stuff and I noticed!!! The
> new engine does not have a engine block to firewall flexible oil line for
the
> oil pressure gauge!!!!  And I let Stephan take off with the old one!!!
> DAmn so close and yet so far!!!
>       I can go over Stephans place and get it but its like an hour drive
> by motorcycle and its awfully cold...But I will do it if I have to..
> Could someone who lives a little closer to me Mike, Lee Fred etc who is
going to
> the Badroc run tomorrow please get it from Stephan and then I could pick
it up
> at your place later that day???  I have a pre-existing commitment that
day but
> should be home free by around 3pm.
>       I really really really want to try to start the engine Sun...
>
>       Or, someone tell me this is a common part that I can pick up for 5 bucks
down at the Kragen on the corner???