Installing higher powered head lights.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Installing higher powered head lights.
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:56:03 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,

        In my opinon the headlight on my car sre not bright enough.  I
bought a pair of 80/100W halogen H4 lights that should cure this.. I also
bought 100 watt H3 bulbs for the driving lights....
        I know that the stock harness/relay cannot handle this kind of power.
I am looking for suggestions on how to wire up a high powered relay.  Is
the stock unit a 'double ' relay. One circuit for high beams and one for low?
Would I need to install two relays to replace it??  The plugs that the
lights plug into on the car.. Is this a standard piece that I can buy??  I
would like to not have to cut up the stock harness enough.. I was hoping
that I could jsut tap into the two orignal low beam/ high beam wires to
turn on the relays and wire up my own sockets and tuck the originals out
of the way.

        any advice would be greatly appreciated.

                Thanks,
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA
can anybody tell that I'm not doing a whole heck of a lot of work today??