Re: $20 Lesson Learned

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: $20 Lesson Learned
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 22:06:01 -0800
Fred,
I have learned to do the same thing after many bad experiences.
I was a QA/QC inspector for ten years in California. I have worked
on Dams, Oil refineries, Schools, Military bases, and even the Ronald
Reagen Presidential library. I have seen so many short cuts taken, and
work that was said to be done that wasn't. After the Northridge earthquake
you wouldn't believe what I saw.

I no longer take my cars in for any service. Other than the ones I can't
perform myself. Like machine work and alignments. I document just about
everything I can. It doesn't hurt to be cautious when its your life on the other
side of that steering wheel.

Mike