$20 Lesson Learned

To: <daniel@seaport.net>
Subject: $20 Lesson Learned
From: "Daniel Beatty" <daniel@seaport.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:47:51 -0800
Winter is here and working on a car in the open stimulates very little
desire at the moment.

Drove the Roadster today, which in itself is a great thing!!  It had been
over a month since I last fired it up.  I can not wait till Spring again.
Unfortunately, the reason I chose/was forced to drive it is a another story.

I took the new 510 wagon to SuperTune on Powell on Sat. morning to have them
flush the brake system.  For $22, I figured that it was definitely worth me
not being under the car yelling "pump....HOLD.....Pump" in the rain to my
wife.  Well, I get it back after they had it for a day, as I was shopping
and dropped it.  Drive away into crazy Christmas traffic, hit the brakes and
they go to the floor.  Pump, pump and get something barely.  I am in fast
traffic with no brakes.  BASTARDS!!!!!!  I call them from the cell after I
quickly pull into a side street.  They are just closing for the day, brake
guy has already left.  Open again on Monday.  I turn around and drop the car
back off with them to fix first thing Monday.  They assure me that it will
be done first thing as I drive it in the shop on the rack.  I thought about
just busing the few blocks over there this morning and driving it to work a
few minutes late, as it was to be done by 8am I was assured. Luckily, I
chose to give the Roadster a run. They had not done anything to it by 9am
when "I" called to see why they had not called to have me pick it up.

To save $20, I lost the car for two days and had to deal with idiots!!!!
Now I am worried about they breaking something while it is there.  GREAT!
Do you ALWAYS have to do something yourself, if you want it done right?

Daniel Beatty
65 1600
71 WGN
Portland, OR