Auto-x project

To: "Roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Auto-x project
From: "Michael Clothier" <mcclothier@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:12:54 -0800
I have been working on a 68 1600 that I hope to use for solo I,II in the
future. Somtimes I think I may have gotten in over my head. I have never
seen so much rust on a body before. In addition, there is some kind of white
powdery substance in the cooling system. Is this oxidation of some kind?
There is also a crack around the stud on the thermostat tower, does this
mean a new head?
My first big project will be chassis work and I need some advice on removing
the body. I removed all the bolts (I think), but is there some trich to the
removal? Can it be done by hand?...I'm begining to understand how a
drownding man feels. ..... Any advice will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Mike Clothier
Norco, Ca.
70 1600
68 1600 Auto-X ????