Re: Paint help - Does it have to go too?

To: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Subject: Re: Paint help - Does it have to go too?
From: Mark <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 07:37:04 -0600

WayneLoom@aol.com wrote:

> So - Do I have to remove the red lead too???

Wayne, I don't know if you do need to remove it or not, but be verrry careful
if you do.  Lead poisoning is bad stuff.  I spent a week in a VA hospital with
it.   You don't want you or anyone else breathing any sanding dust from lead
based paint.  The Easy-Off idea might be the trick to keep dust
down.  Does a pretty goo job taking skin off, too, if you let it sit!  I have
found that brake fluid does a pretty good job of removing paint, too.  Uh,
don't ask.

Mark van der Hoek
Houston
--