Paint help - Does it have to go too?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint help - Does it have to go too?
From: WayneLoom@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 21:29:18 EST
Group

I have finally been able to roll out the D2K and start working on it after
about 15 years being disassembled!  So, what's wrong with procrastination???
I lifted the body off the frame and started striping the old paint from the
engine compartment.  The refinish paint came off easily but the factory
yellow didn't want to budge without a persuader.  Now I'm down to the red
lead primer and am wondering if IT has to come off.  I will treat the metal
with Jasco rust converter (only surface rust) and use an etching primer.
So - Do I have to remove the red lead too???

Wayne Loomis Co.
SRL311 #11995