RE: Minilites

To: "'Mike Poorboy'" <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>,
Subject: RE: Minilites
From: Michael Landskroner <Mlandskroner@mlg.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 09:41:10 -0500
Minilites came in both aluminum and magnesium, depending on how much $$
were in your pocket. I bought a used set in the 70s for $40 from a
Datsun dealership because the rich boys in the neighborhood didn't want
to keep them clean and wanted new wheels. They were aluminum.

They were not distributed after the mid 70s because of a falling out w/
the distributor and they went belly up. Panasports. although they look
similar are very different. The wheels on my Miata look a lot like the
minilites. The spokes were much shorter and hub area much bigger than
panasports.

Panasport did not buy them out.

Mike