Re: Magnesium wheels

To: Terry and Donna Cost <tcost@vvm.com>
Subject: Re: Magnesium wheels
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 07:52:31 -0800
Terry,
Thanks, I was aware of the physical properties of magnesium.
I believe a road flare has or use to have magnesium in them.
I even looked up the atomic mass of both elements. Magnesium is
number 12 and aluminum is 13 there is not much difference in mass,
so you are right on the specific gravity test in water. The brittle
characteristic
is what I was concerned with.

Les, from CDM answered my question for me. He informed me that
Minilites had their name stamped on the front of the rim.

Thanks,
Mike