Re: oil filters

To: Victor Laury <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: oil filters
From: james moore <jmoore1@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 20:58:13 -0500
There was a website about oil filter quality that one of my co-workers found.
Some guy basically dismembered all different brands of oil filters and rated
them on filter surface area, anti-drainback valve construction and overall
filter construction. He was forced to neuter the content of this website by
some of the filter manufacturer's lawyers.

It basically said that Fram filters are junk and it's all marketing hype. The
best low end filters are Purolator and Motorcraft. The abolute best filter
regardless of price was the Mobil 1. I believe I may have posted his website
to the list almost a year ago. I posted it to the Rx-7 list at the same time.

Jim Moore
Powertrain Engineer
Rover Engineering North America
69 Fairlady