Re: Fw: Upper Timing Chain

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Upper Timing Chain
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 19:58:24 -0800
Victor Laury wrote:

> I need more info on this one but, I believe this is also the time top do the
> infamous jack shaft modification. Maybe the list has the scoop on this?
>
> 1. Do you do the "Jackshaft Mod" during a Timing job?

You can do it whenever you have the engine apart. It's a little easier to guide
it back in if the crankshaft is out, but you can still do it.

> 2. does it require removal of the shaft?

Yes, it has to go to the machine shop.

> 3. Does someone have a good FAQ on this mod?

Probably, but I don't know where it is. Most likely in Tom Walter's tips.

--
Gordon Glasgow
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org