Re: Recovered 67.5 1600 in SF

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Recovered 67.5 1600 in SF
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:08:11 -0800
When I first purchased my '70 2000 in 1986, it had a length of heavy chain
attached to a
bolt through the floor pan directly under the steering wheel. Evidently, the PO
would loop
it around the rim of the wheel and padlock it. Given the thin plastic wheel rim
on the
Roadster, this was kind of like looping the chain and lock on your bicycle
around a couple
of spokes in the wheel. I removed it and plugged the hole in the floorboard. My
defense
against theft (and sun damage and bird crap) has always been a lightweight car
cover.
Whenever I would park the car, I would toss the cover over it before leaving,
even if just
for 15 minutes. The cover rolls up easily and stows behind the seats, and
installs quickly
with a quick toss to unroll it back to front, and a couple of tugs to pull the
sides down.

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA
'70 2000 SRL311-13291