Truth in advertising!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Truth in advertising!
From: Paul.Kort@marconimed.com
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 09:55:04 -0500

  I went to look at an ad that read:

"1967 Datsun 1600 convertible, good motor, new paint, $2,000 FIRM"

  Turned out to be two 1600's; one rusted out hulk with the proverbiale "motor
ran when I parked it ?? years ago!", and a freshly painted, rusted out roadster
with no floors, a motor in pieces and a cracked block.  Both cars were partially
disassembled so it was difficult to know exactly what was there and nothing was
in good shape..  I left shaking my head.  The cars sold two years later for less
than half the asking price and now reside in New England.  Although by now,
parts may be scattered across the US.

Paul
OROC