SU Carburetor Question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: SU Carburetor Question
From: Your Name <jsugar@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 21:24:44 -0800
I have been having idling problems....I adjusted the idle screw on the rear
carburetor as part of my "troubleshooting" (the shop manual discussion of the SU
carburetors looks like a direct translation from the original...I have trouble
following it).  Anyway, now the needle and piston seem to intermittantly hang up
before they close completely.  Turning the idle adjust screw seems to solve the
problem.

My question is: Have I terminally screwed something up?  Should this happen?
What
do experienced roadster owners do in this case?

Thanks

John Sugar
70  2000