Re: headlight help

To: "Ross" <SROSS@ex-pressnet.com>
Subject: Re: headlight help
From: Paul.Kort@marconimed.com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 07:06:31 -0500

  I'm not an electrical engineer but my guess is amps!  I had a headlight that
refused to do more than glow.  I switched bulbs, still just a glow.  Meter
showed 12 volts but on closer inspection I found that the PO had spliced the
wires under the fender and one of the wires was down to one or two starnds.
Enough I guess to show 12 volts on a meter but not enough to light a headlight!
New connector and wiring did the trick.  And now I have great lights and can
actually see where I'm driving at night.  Maybe the 45 amp GM alternator helped
with that too!

Paul
OROC

"Ross" <SROSS@ex-pressnet.com> on 03/02/2000 08:35:23 PM