Flywheel bolts

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flywheel bolts
From: Robert Porter <drrebob@usnetway.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 16:52:43 -0500
Engine rebuilders:

I'm about to put the flywheel back on my 1600 (again).  Problem:  the
flat metal torque retainer clips for the flywheel bolts seem gouged
around the bolt holes, and I'm a little concerned about bending the
flanges again to snug them up against the bolt face, as they may crack.
Looked for new ones, but guys at the machine shop have never seen such
critters.  Senior guy suggested I just put some loctite red on the bolt
and skip the clips altogether.  Any advice on this?

Bob Porter
Harrisburg PA