RE: Brake Overhaul

To: "'Dana Nojima (CBN)'" <noji@mail.ahc.umn.edu>,
Subject: RE: Brake Overhaul
From: Michael Landskroner <Mlandskroner@mlg.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 16:52:30 -0500
I agree with Dana about everything he said.

However, rather than just buy new Master cylinders, calipers, rear wheel
cylinders, etc, have your old ones resleeved w/ brass or stainless. Why?
Unless you replace all your metal  lines there will always be rust and
grit in the hydraulic systems which will ruin your parts in a rather
short time. Hydraulic fluid is hydroscopic, meaning it sucks humidity
out of the air and puts it into your brake system and I know for a fact
that after 30+ years the metal lines are rusted inside. "Don't ask me
how I know" but it gets to be expensive. With resleeving they use brass
or stainless steel which won't corrode. And it costs about the same.

Mike