History - Strips

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: History - Strips
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 16:21:49 -0600
A question for you history guys.

Looking at historical pictures of the 60s on racing roadsters.  Who invented
the strips that come up the front fender behind the front wheel and
connected over the hood or into a solid body color on the top of the
roadster.  I thought Pete Brook started this (I always called them BRE
strips), but I see Jack Scoville also used them in 68 or 69.  Was this
something Nissan started to set its race cars apart?

Phil Hall
66' 1600  My wife said "no more Roadster tinkering until the house is
finished".  Some people sneak booze - now I have got to figure out how to
sneak roadster play time.