Another clock question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Another clock question
From: Mark_Kalmus@dell.com
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:02:47 -0600
Good morning, all.

I removed the clock from my unattached dash last night and dismantled it,
trying to figure out how I might replace the blue wire.  The existing blue
wire's insulation is stripped in places and many of the wires are frayed and
broken.  The plastic connector is intact, but the wire from the harness is
broken off about an inch from the connector, rendering the connector
useless.  It, too, needs to be replaced.  Once I resolder a new blue wire to
the clock, and affix a new connector, I want to ensure the clock keeps good
time (in the event it still works --- this has not yet been determined).

One hurdle I detect is the absence of a second hand on the clock.  Checking
clock speed will take some time, considering a number of minutes that must
pass before you can gauge whether the clock is keeping good time.  That
aside, I need instructions on how to rig a fused link from a spare 12V
battery that will let me check the clock's condition.

Also, does anyone know the maximum amperage the clock's circuit runs?

Thanks,
Mark Kalmus
1970 2000