Autocross 1600

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Autocross 1600
From: DonaldL724@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:34:20 EST
Hi Gang,

    Team Luers just purchased another Roadster! This car has some history and
some of you may remember the car. If you do let me know.

    Here it is:
            69 1600 bought new at Economy Datsun in San Diego in 69.
            This is an autocross car all the way!
            Chassis: Comp. springs front & rear, Sway bars front & rear,
konis, LSD          with 4.62 gear
            Body: interior is stripped,(but saved and in perfect condition!),
mildly          flared fenders, Yellow & Blue paint job that's very well done
and unusual.
            Engine: Every trick in the book! Bob Sharp book that is! Engine
is          balanced & blueprinted, head has big valves, ported and flow
matched to
            the exhaust and intake. It has Solexes. That's right a 1600 with
Solexes!
            Lightened valve train and probably more that I can't remember.

    We bought this car from the original owner. He moved from San Diego to
    Canton, Ohio in 1973. This car was a Regional Champion in the 70s.
    The PO name is Jim Nicely. The engineering on the car is OUTSTANDING.
    There are no shortcuts!!

    It has multiple dash plaques one of which is as follows:

                    Project Intercept
                    Datsun Competition Club of San Diego
                    Teacte', BC
                    Nov. 23, 1969

        Anyone familiar with this Datsun Competition club mentioned. There a
couple
        of other plaques that mention it but this one is the earliest.

        I will have PICS later this week and will post them.
        If you remember this car let me know. I'm interested in it's history.

    Chris
    Team Luers
    Columbus, Ohio
    OROC