RE: New Roadster List Long!

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: New Roadster List Long!
From: DonaldL724@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 16:06:43 EST
Hi Gang, it''s that troublemaker again!
        Here my reply to those of you that seem to think the new list is a
negative thing:
    Some of you seem to be a "Glass is halve empty" kind of person!
You can view this in a negative way if you choose. We are all entitled to an
opinion.
My choice is to view this as the growth in popularity of Roadsters. Many of
the members of the new list are on both. Some are not. I conclude that the
ones who are not are because they view many of the topics on this list as not
relevant to them. Much of what's talked to about on this list is West Coast
based! There is NOTHING wrong with that. Most of the Roadsters are out west.
    Someone mentioned unity with one list, I disagree. If we had the unity
that you speak of we would have the respect that the Z cars, MGs, Triumphs
etc. ... have. This has been my goal and will continue to be my goal. I have
mentioned in private and list posted e-mails about a National Roadster event.
I got nothing but e few halve hearted replies. Maybe this is because you
folks on the West Coast already have some quality events.
    Nothing stays the same, NEVER. You can choose to participate in the
changes or not but it is your choice. I have stepped up to try to create more
events for Roadster owners to attend. I think I have done a reasonable job.
OROC has grown from 15 members, 2 years ago, to current membership of 71! I
can't be doing everything wrong. We as a club have 6 events planned this year.
    I seen changes on this list since the time I joined 3 years ago. People
have come and gone. I've seen new clubs spring up, old ones resurrected. I've
personally helped connect 4 people who did not own a roadster to sellers. We
even have one members has left his very clean low mileage Z sit in favor of
his Roadster.
    I'm not trying to splinter this group. I AM trying to help this hobby,
and business for some, grow so we can get parts when we need them, so we can
enjoy each others company on warm summer night surrounded by shape and color
Roadster you can imagine.
    My dream is that inside of 2 years we can argue this point face to face.
We will 75 - 80 Roadster around us. Is there anyone out there who thinks this
would be a bad thing. I hope not.
    Cuss me, hate me. Cheer me, support me. It's your choice. I will continue
to work towards the goal I have mentioned and maybe we can meet somewhere in
between. I will continue to participate in this list and the new one. If I
feel it's relevant I will post to both.
    Thank you all for your time to read this and hopefully think about it!

    Chris Luers
    President & Founder of the
    Ohio Roadster Owners Club