Re: Topless and more

To: daniel@seaport.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Topless and more
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 20:54:52 EST
In a message dated 03/23/2000 11:02:36 AM Mountain Standard Time,
daniel@seaport.net writes:

<< I am considering the canvas top with the zip out rear window.  Are they
 worth the extra $$.  Does the rear window leak?  Are there differences in
 the tops from the different vendors?

Daniel,

I can't compare, since I haven't had a vinyl top, but I have a canvas one now
and it is really good.  It doesn't have the problem of being stiff when cold
(not as much anyway) looks great and I think will outlast vinyl by quite a
bit.  It is quite a time-consuming job to put one on.  I did mine in about 7
hours, as I was being VERY careful, so I wouldn't be surprised if a shop
charged several hundred dollars to put one on. I would be more concerned that
you KNOW they do quality work than to save a few bucks and risk having them
mess up the top.

I bought mine from Stan Chernoff and am very pleased with it.  Don't know if
he still has any or not.  It has the zip out window as well.

HTH

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Warren Me