Re: National Meet

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: National Meet
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 20:46:05 -0800
Chris, I can only speak for myself, but after two herniated disks, driving a
roadster with comp springs from Seattle to Mt. Shasta is a 2-day trip (it's a
little under 600 miles, as I recall). I did drive all the way back in one day
once, and boy, was I stiff and sore! So the concept of driving my car from
Seattle
to Kansas isn't something that gets me excited. I'm hoping that someday I can
drive it as far as San Diego to visit CDM. Maybe after I retire and can take my
time. I have the utmost respect (bordering on awe) for anyone like Tom Phelan
who
would drive coast-to-coast-to-coast in a roadster!

There does seem to be a West Coast/East Coast thing going on, but that's
probably
because 50% of the population of this country lives within 100 miles of a coast.
Since the country is about 3000 miles wide, that makes 2800 miles of mostly
emptiness (no offense to anyone who lives in that area). It's natural that most
roadsters would be found on the coasts.

Now, if the US was only 300 miles wide like, say, England, this wouldn't be a
problem. We could all meet in the middle and not drive any further than Seattle
Portland. Heck, we could all get together for the afternoon!

But until I win the lottery and can buy a motorhome and an enclosed trailer, I
probably won't make it to a national meet unless it's pretty close. And that
wouldn't be fair to half the people, no matter which coast it was on.

--
Gordon Glasgow
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org