roadtrip

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: roadtrip
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 00 10:18:09 CST
>BTW, I really wish you guys would quit talking about how hard it is to travel
>600 miles in a roadster.  My wife and I are planning a 4 - 5 week 8000 mile
>tour
>of the US in our 1600!  Quit scaring her!!

Paul,

You have the right idea... just get out there, and enjoy yourselves.

Just do it! Have a little fun and stay OFF the Freeways. I have travelled
across a lot of the USA on the old routes. Admitted most of the road
side motel and "orange juice stands" are long since gone, but it really
does make it for a little more fun. Especially in a Roadster!

Little humor this morning. My son's, 7 & 9, are already thinking of the
annual July 4th & Shasta event. Emerson was for flying out, as we could
be in California in five hours. Liam said "Oh no, I like DRIVING there!"
Long road trip, but he enjoys the trip. We talk about all sort of stuff,
look at the land scape, make fun stops. His only request was that we stop
off at the Grand Canyon.  Funny, but no computer, phone, TV, ninetendo
for the road trip... but that is what he likes to do for our vacation!

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX