Re: Nat'l Meet and Roadster List

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nat'l Meet and Roadster List
From: Ken Pearce <kpearce@engr.ukans.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:30:55 -0600 (CST)
> << Why wouldn't Kansas be a good site for a national meet?  The SCCA Solo I &
>  nationals bring about a thousand competitors, including roadsters,  from all
>  over the country each year to Topeka.  The national solo site is just a
>  couple miles from the Heartland Park road course which has about five
>  different track lengths & configurations. >

The local MG club has a day at the track at Heartland Park here in Kansas.
I think it's co-sponsored by Victoria British (a large Triumph/MG parts
house) and the Kansas City MG club.  I believe they charge $40 or $50 per
car and have a day or half-day of open track time.

I vote against holding a national event in Kansas because there's just not
much to see here.  The roads have few curves, and our mountains here
are nothing more than cumulus clouds sucking up the 80% humidity and
blessing us with hailstones and tornadoes!

> miles.  Basically there are only three shows out here.  We have Shasta, 250
> miles north of S.F.  Solvang, 200+ miles south of SF and Doheney All Datsun

That's funny, I thought Shasta *was* the national show!  I put close to
6000 miles on the roadster last summer making it to Shasta, then B.C.,
then back to Kansas.  I had a blast and wouldn't trade that experience for
anything.

Cheers!

Ken Pearce, 68-2000
Lawrence, KS