assorted subjects

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: assorted subjects
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 09:06:16 -0800
I've been quiet for about a week, work has been kicking my butt. I'd have no
butt left if I hadn't started out such a big one.

The MR-2 spyder looks pretty good. hmm, 140 HP, 19 hundred pounds sounds
familiar.

The list will remain the list, everybody stop reacting already. where the
roadster traffic is, that's where we will be.

Have you always wanted to go to Shasta but it's way over there? Well, I've
always wanted to join you at Watkins Glen, but it's way over there!

Any National will take at least a year to organize and that's only if we
campaign this to the other lists and media. If some web guru made a National
Meet web page with a comments page, where folks from other lists and surfers
could input and get behind the idea, it might have a chance in 2001.

I didn't listen to my own advice. Since the timing chain job, I could get
much over 5 grand. I knew it was the timing. Since the loose chain had
retarded the cam timing so much, I knew the distrib timing was set back to
match. My problem was solved when I stopped playing around and recalled my
daddy's advice, "advance it till she knocks, set it back a little till the
knock clears up in normal gear ranges. PERIOD. I'm now pulling at 6500 when
the two RPM limiters, between my legs, say "That's Enough!" Thanks Dad!