Re: Tuning Gurus Wanted (kinda long)

To: nruffcorn@prodigy.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tuning Gurus Wanted (kinda long)
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 08:07:05 EST
Nathan,

Everything sounds ok to me, so I would look at two things: check the float
level again--if it is too low, when the engine gets going faster there's not
enough gas in the float bowls to supply the demand of the engine; and, keep
richening the carbs till you reach a compromise of it running at higher
speeds and accelleration and will still idle.  It's not uncommon to have one
carb adjusted way different from the other, at least in my experience, but
this may be due to mine not being essentially new, like yours. But your
symptoms could be caused by one being too lean so essentially you are running
on two cylinders at higher speeds.

Let us know what you find out when you get it running right.

Joseph Berkenbile,
70 1600
Warren Me