Re: TECH questions

To: sidney raper <spl310@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: TECH questions
From: Jim Tyler <toplessdatsun@ga.prestige.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 09:45:02 -0500
Pretty sure they all had upholstery on the bows.  Definitely 66 and
67.5, pretty
sure on 65 1600's (but I have only seen one of those).  The wood bow
64-65's I have
seen also had it.

Re: welding sheet metal.  I find gas welding (either MAPP+OX or OX+ACl)
sort of
hard because it is difficult to keep from getting EVERYTHING much hotter
than it needs
to be.  Things get warped easily.  Pro's can do it pretty well with a
small tip
and a patient touch.

Wirefeed MIG welding is far easier for the novice IMHO. TIG is the cat's
meow,
but most of us can't swing one of those.   Wirefeed mig is probably the
best
compromise.

Have fun,
Jim