new roadster for me

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: new roadster for me
From: "Mitch Planck" <mitch@ias.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 10:08:41 -0500
You may remember one of my emails back from the summer I went to look at a
couple of roadsters here in SE Michigan.
http://beladi.stormloader.com/dd920.html

I didn't buy them, but Dave Peskey did. He only wanted one of them and the
other was for a friend of his, which fell through. I've been in contact with
Dave and bought the second roadster from him. It's a '70 1600, complete,
with a very nice body for this part of the country. The only rust I saw was
a small spot in front of the passenger door on the fender and above the rear
wheel wells. Sooo much better than mine. The bolts holding the body on the
frame have been removed, for whatever reason. The chrome is pretty nice, but
I have no idea of the state of the engine or drivetrain.

I've got my car wedged in the back of the garage for winter so we can park
our daily drivers in the garage. Because of my space considerations, I won't
be picking up the car until late winter/spring, and I'll hopefully have
moved to another house by then with a little land to park these things (I
have 1/6th of an acre in town now).

I'll probably wind up combining both cars into one nice one and selling
extra parts off. I'm looking to do a nice off-body restore, as best I can,
learning a ton along the way. I can see this taking a few years too. Things
I've been thinking of are: keeping the 1.6L engine, but boring it out to
2.0L and fitting it to be higher powered with regards to cam and carbs;
getting a 5-speed tranny; getting an LSD rear-end, possibly the RX-7 with
disk brakes; custom interior; kick-a%% paint job (not red, maybe deep
purple); loud stereo; what else can I dream about doing?

I don't know the serial number yet, but when I do, I'll post it. I paid
$800, a good price for a straight, mostly rust-free parts car, I think.

Mitch Planck
'69 1600