Re: spirited drive req't

To: RiedelD@pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Subject: Re: spirited drive req't
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 10:21:28 -0800
Toque, knit hat, beanie, watch cap, ski hat, etc., etc., etc. I've been
thinking for a
while now that, given the worldwide nature of the members of this list, we
could use a
lexicon to convert terms between American/Canadian/Australian and British
English. Given
the confusion that arises between the Yanks, Aussies, Canucks and Brits, some
of the lingo
must confuse the hell out of the list members in non-English speaking countries!

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA

("We speak the same language - but you lot do have a funny accent... "  Paul
Hogan, aka
"Crocodile Dundee")