spirited drive req't

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: spirited drive req't
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:06:48 -0800
After installing new points/condenser/plugs/wires last weekend, I printed up
all the archive info on timing and re-set it (real simple, thanks again Tom
Walter) and in reading various accounts of setting the timing, all finished
with "take it for a spirited drive".
No additional detail needed for this step.
So, south on the 405 to Laguna Canyon Road, one of those snaking two laners
that leads out towards the beach, with the temp changing about 10-20 degrees
as you go along with the humidity from wet fields and hills.  Exhaust tone
providing plenty of music to my ears. Then a cruise thru the holiday light
decorations, with all the bundled up SUV'ers aghast that someone would drive
in December with the top down.  (all of 50 degrees at night)  Saw a parked
Audi TT convertible, but at least it had the top down (there is hope yet).
Off to work this morning with all the coffee-clutching commuters similarly
surprised that the top was down at 0-dark-thirty.  (heck, I think most are
horrified that anyone still drives a manual transmission)  My off-ramp had a
broken-sprinkler water-plume that landed a healthy drop right on my nose,
but it felt warm so I had to laugh.

Fergus O'Farrell
69 2000  HB,CA