Re: Re[2]: '67 2000 #36 for sale (not mine)

To: "roadster" <roadster@rcn.com>, "Roman Rist" <ristguitars@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Re[2]: '67 2000 #36 for sale (not mine)
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 17:47:23 -0500
While I agree  with Roman at least in sentiments, I think Fred is closer to
reality re: restoring a POS Roadster which needs everything. At the current
price of parts, IF they are available, it would cost at least 15K to restore
the car and that's with doing much of the work yourself.

Me, I learned my lesson and will buy an excellent car. The best thing to do
for those 67.5s that are rusting out there is to buy a nice early car,
better yet another 67.5 1600, and donate the 2L parts such as engine and
tranny, the gauges and the frame if it isn't rusted through.

Although I love these cars you have to be practical to a degree and I can't
see putting 25K into one of these.

IMHO,
Mike