Question

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: Question
From: "MURPHY, BARNEY D" <BMURPHY@scana.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:00:17 -0500
Hello group!

I have a '69 2000 that I purchased a few weeks ago. The smog system has been
removed and plugged. Judging from what I've been reading, when this system
is removed, the needles in the carburetors (SUs) should be changed along
with reconfiguring the distributor to 1967 specs(?) and retiming to 16
degrees.

My question is : Is this indeed critical and how can I tell if this has
already been done? -other than the timing.

Please respond to me personally and I really appreciate everyone's help.

Thanks,
Dean