Sumitomo Tires and Shelby Wheels

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, bluebirds@bluebirds.datsun510.com
Subject: Sumitomo Tires and Shelby Wheels
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 14:21:39 EST
For All:
Was look ing at the aluminum wheels that were thrown
in with the $800 dollar 72 510 wagon.  I thought they
were LIBRA wheels.  Looking at them while cleaning
them up, they are Shelby Vipers, 13X5.   Would
anyone like to comment on these, are they going
to be OK for street and occasional autocross?
They are wonderfully lightweight!  4 spoke aluminum.
I just ordered some Sumitomo 195 / 60 / 13 tires
from Tire Rack, supposed to be good tires,
and the reason I got them was $40 each,
does anyone have any comments on
Sumitomo tires?  Tire Rack says they will
fit fine on 5 inch rims although close to
the limit.   So.....I will go for it....please
do not suggest buying bigger wheels,
this is a low dollar project.  Maybe I should
have got 185s, at 39 each.  The 280Z struts
and big vented brakes I am also putting on
 just barely clear the wheels, I am going to
shave just a bit off the calipers with the
cut off tool, thats where they rub just a
little bit.
Thanks for advice in advance.
Jim
Chesapeake Va