Re: National Datsun Meet and Shasta

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: National Datsun Meet and Shasta
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 22:19:32 -0800
You know, I hate to point this out, but, our record for cooperation is poor
at best. We have the perfect stage to graduate to a real National Event and
have failed to promote it and have purposely and actively acted as
separatists. Shasta could be, Could have been all along, a West Coast
National. It doesn't need building. Every year, Z owners, 510 nuts and
Roadsterites look forward to, plan their vacations for and save their money
to go. BUT. When we get there, It's Roadster here, everything else over
there. For shame.

Even with all the best intentions, How can we believe ANY plans for a
National All Datsun Meet could come to fruition when we can't even come
together for one that's already there?

If you want to take a step, plan on Shasta 2001 (or 2002) as the Regional
National All Datsun Meet West and  Watkins Glen as the Regional National All
Datsun Meet East. then let the Organizing parties of those two event work
together on a Real National event.

My 2 cents. I know there are some who will take offense but my opinion
stands.

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
Los Angeles