Re: Roadster gear ratio's

To: Michael Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>,
Subject: Re: Roadster gear ratio's
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:09:59 -0800 (PST)
Based on the calculator, running the 195/50/15 tires/1600/4-speed/3.90
rearend, I'd be doing 4,047rpm at 70mph.  Drop in the 3.70 rearend and
I'd be doing only 3,839rpm.  Or, to put it another way, with the 3.70
rearend I'd be doing 74mph at 4,049rpm - an increase of 4mph at the
same rpm.

However, I suppose this isn't a big gain in high speed, and I might
lose a bit off the line, which for my 1600 is probably not the best
idea.

Thanks for the link!  Helps put things in perspective.